Tuesday, February 23, 2010

the persuaders

"The Persuaders" begins by questioning the increase in the amount of advertising we typically encounter in our daily lives. How would you assess the amount of advertising you see? Too much? Too little? Just right? In your view, what difference does it make to know that people today see much more advertising in their daily lives than people 20 or 30 years ago?

I think we see a lot of advertising every day. Personally, I think it's a little too much, however considering the amount of television we watch, and radio we listen to and time we spend on the computer, it's probably a decent proportion. I think we are a little too involved with media and technology - we are too attached to our phones and laptop.
I think today compared to 20 or 30 years ago, we see a different kind of advertising. I think it's all proportionate considering our resources now compared to back then. Advertising was competitive 20 years ago and it is still competitive today, more or less I don't really know because I don't really pay too much attention to this kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment