Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Web 3.0

Technology continues to change and this includes the internet. The web has changed from 1.0 to 2.0, and now seems to be heading in the direction to a Web 3.0. Right now the Web 2.0 is based on social networking and the users contributing to its success. Web 3.0 will be the start of a "personal assistant" type of internet. We are already starting to experience this with Pandora, where it is like a personal radio; it makes a playlist based on the type of music you picked. So it works for you and knows what you like. This is what the internet might be like in the future. The internet is going to do the work for you.

I don't know how I feel about this yet. It does seem like a good idea - the fact that the internet knows what you want and is more personal. However, I don't think it is a good idea for us to become so dependent on the internet. I personally don't want to get that dependent on the web because I like to do things on my own. Also, how safe can this be. I feel that a lot of personal information might be out on the web and personally, i wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

If this is the direction that that the internet is headed towards for the future, then so be it. I personally don't want it to, but it cannot be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment